We’re excited that you’re considering attending our 60th Annual Conference & Solutions EXPO and want to support your business case to help you attend. As part of these efforts, we’ve put together this Attendee Justification Toolkit, providing you with must-know information about the conference for you and your supervisor:
When you propose attending the 2019 Annual Conference & Solutions EXPO, it is key to focus specifically on what you will bring back to your organization. The 2019 Annual Conference & Solutions EXPO is the place to learn the latest practices and to learn how other Aging Services Providers are tackling the same problems you face.
GENERAL TIPS [download the one-pager]
- Focus specifically on concrete takeaways that you will bring back to your workplace - this will demonstrate your organization's return on investment.
- Which of the sessions are most relevant to your professional development goals or your organization's expectations of you?
- What new skill(s) or approach(s) will you bring back? How will you work to implement these concepts?
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation to your colleagues (with time for a Q&A) to share what you learned. Your co-workers will get the benefits of your attendance from your presentation.
- With 45+ sessions & a two-day EXPO, attending the 4-day conference is less expensive than registering for separate conferences. It also requires less time away from the office overall.
- Be ready with a plan to show who will cover for you while you are attending the conference.
- Explain that the conference showcases over 100 vendors dedicated to the field of aging services. Visiting with vendors will allow you to gain a broader perspective of the tools and solutions available to you and your organization.
- Do your due diligence to reduce expenses by offering to share a hotel room, consider carpooling, etc. Plus, take note that many meals are included in the registration fee!
EXPERIENCE an engaging 4-day conference completely dedicated to you & your fellow aging services professionals.
DISCOVER over 100 aging services-focused companies showcasing their latest products, technology, and services in our two-day Solutions EXPO. In addition, you're sure to enjoy live music, food, prizes, & entertainment (plus our EIA Wine Toss & Herb Shore Silent Auction)!
LEARN + EARN - this year's conference is offering 45+ sessions where you'll hear from industry experts on timely, relevant topics. If you're seeking CEUs, click here to learn more about what we're offering this year.
ENGAGE with fellow aging services professionals at networking events (the Conference Kick-off Reception, Tuesday's morning sessions and more!) tailored to connect you with your industry peers. We're expecting around 400 attendees representing 200+ members from all over the state. With this many contacts it is impossible not to make a meaningful connection.
EXPLORE this year's theme - WHAT IF?
Throughout the conference, we'll work to highlight this theme by celebrating award winners, raising funds for EIA Scholarships, exploring interactive topics in the Wellness Hub, + more!
Dear [supervisor's name],
There's an industry conference coming up in May that I'd really love the opportunity to attend. LeadingAge Texas' 2019 Annual Conference & Solutions EXPO, held in Austin, May 19-22, offers a unique opportunity to gain crucial knowledge and contacts. Throughout the conference I will attend many sessions that are directly applicable to my role here at [COMPANY NAME]. I will also have opportunities to meet with a variety of aging services-focused companies at the Solutions EXPO.
After reviewing the available educational sessions, I have identified several sessions that address the specific needs and challenges we face and will provide helpful information on how we can address these issues moving forward. Some of the sessions I am particularly interested in attending are:
[Insert the session descriptions which most apply to your responsibilities]
I am confident that my attendance will result not only in my own professional development, but also in knowledge of best practices for strengthening our team that I can share with colleagues who did not attend. The opportunities to network with industry peers and learn from experts are an appropriate use of both our training/education budget and my time away from work. I would be happy to discuss your expectations of my attendance to ensure that they are met.
I very much appreciate your consideration of my request. If you require any further information at this point, please let me know.
[your name here]