Continuing education credits are sponsored either directly through LeadingAge Texas or through its subsidiary, the Educational Institute on Aging (EIA). Credentialing bodies and licensing boards have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses. Please note that total hours quoted assume attendance at one of the Networking Sessions and Power Sessions (where applicable). For all disciplines, credit may only be obtained for one seminar per timeslot. Credit hours listed reflect the maximum hours possible for an attendee in a single discipline.
Please be sure to read each session description fully and verify the types of education credits offered before choosing which sessions to attend. Click here to view the session grid.
NOTE: LeadingAge Texas is currently seeking approval for most sessions. Hours & credit types offered are subject to change based on approval.
LeadingAge Texas will update this page and the designations listed within each session in the Education Programming page accordingly.
AP • Activity Professionals
This program has been approved for 14 instructional hours of continuing education by the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals (NCCAP)—Approval #: NCCAP500245-20.
Look for the “AP” designation.
A • Nursing Home Administrators & Assisted Living Managers
This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 14 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS—Approval #20200518-60.50-A52440-IN.
Look for the “A” designation.
- While NAB does not have a specific standard on Ethics Credit, sessions with an “AE” designation feature ethics content (6 participant hours of sessions with ethics content).
- NAB CE Registry Requirements: All licensed long-term care administrators seeking CEs must provide their NAB CE Registry ID number either on the online registration form, and/or on the sign-in sheets at the event; LeadingAge Texas cannot verify or report attendance to the NAB’s CE Registry without this information. CLICK HERE for more information on how to create a CE Registry account and ID number.
HR • Human Resources Professionals
This activity has been approved for 14 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Look for the “HR” designation.
- Credits awarded to the conference sessions as follows:
- Business Credits:
- Opening Keynote: Embracing Disruption
- 3D: What If We Didn’t Lead with Ethics (Or What if Our Staff & Residents Didn’t Trust Us?)?
- 5B: How to Align Your Marketing Plan with Your C-Suite to Meet Your Current & Future Marketing Needs
- Closing Keynote: Creating & Sustaining a Culture Where High Performers Thrive
- Wednesday Power Session C: If Leadership is a Game, these are the Rules
- HR Credits:
- Sunday Power Session B: How Aging Services Leaders Can Work to Reshape America’s Perception of Aging & Grow Tomorrow's Workforce Today
- 1F: Diversity, #metoo, & Political Correctness: Where do We Go from Here?
- 2F: Readying Teams for Effective Hiring & Retention
- HR Networking Session: Your Biggest Profit Potential Lives in Your People
- 3F: Creating a Culture of Wellness: Lessons for Creating Positive Interactions in the Workplace for Healthier & Happier Teams
- 4F: Bridging the Expectations Gap: Equipping Your Community's Supervisors for Success
- 5F: Staffing To Win: Strategies To Recruit & Retain Today's Workforce
- Instructions for the PHR/aPHR/ GPHR/PHRca certified: The HR Professionals who hold these certifications will use the Activity ID 381971 to claim 14 HR Credits.
- Instructions for the SPHR/SPHRi certified: The HR Professionals who are SPHR/SPHRi certified require specified credits; Business credits. Click here for instructions on how to submit a conference for Specified Recertification Credit.
N • Nurses
LeadingAge Texas is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association - Approver, an accredited approver with distinction, by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This activity provides up to 12 contact hours.
Look for the “N” designation.
Disclosures to participants:
- Sunday Power Session A: Preparing for PDPM
- 1A: Sexuality in LTC: What are We Going to Do about Ms. Smith & Mr. Kendall When their Families Visit?
- 2A: Understanding & Solving "Behaviors" in LTC Settings
- Nurses Networking Breakfast: Nurse Peer Review: Navigating the New Regulations
- 3A: National Opioid Epidemic: Litigation & Risks in Aging Services
- 4A: Survey Survival Guide: Surviving the New Survey Process for Nursing Homes
- 5A: MDS Hot Topics & FAQs
- 5E: Leading Innovative Models for Providing Expanded Services & Impacting the Community
- Wednesday Power Session A: The Fun Theory: Transforming Dementia Care Through Engagement Technology
SW • Social Workers
This program offers 14 contact hours of continuing education for social workers.
Look for the "SW" designation.
- Sessions with an “SWE” designation feature ethics content (6 contact hours of sessions with ethics content).
For information on the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners*, please CLICK HERE.
*The Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners has approved LeadingAge Texas to provide continuing education activities for social workers (current thru August 31, 2019).
Other Professional Groups
All other professionals are encouraged to submit detailed information on the sessions attended along with a copy of your Certificate of Successful Completion to your professional organization for consideration of continuing education credit. Due to the large number of credentialing bodies and professional organizations, it is impossible for LeadingAge Texas to obtain prior approval of conference sessions for each of them.
EVALUATIONS & CERTIFICATES OF ATTENDANCE
Evaluations will be sent to verified attendees of a session within two weeks of the date of the presentation - you must sign in and out for each session you attended to receive an email with the evaluation link. Upon completion of each evaluation, the corresponding certificate of attendance will be posted to your LeadingAge Texas online profile in the Professional Development section.
Contact Amanda Wiedenfeld, Director of Professional Development.