WORKFORCE SUMMIT 2.0
Staying Power: Why Your Employees Leave & How to Keep Them Longer
September 27 • Christian Care Senior Living Community • Mesquite
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Limited on-site registration is available for an additional fee
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us this September as we dive deeper into workforce needs and focus on the Staying Power. Whether or not you joined us last year for the first Workforce Summit, you're sure to gain new insight.
Leah Brown, Talent Retention Strategist for Crescendo Strategies, is coming back to help uncover why employees leave & to provide all-new strategies on how to keep them longer!
Come to the Workforce Summit 2.0, sponsored by Sodexo, and you'll leave with an understanding of the true cost of employee turnover, knowledge on how to assess your brand as an employer, and tips to walk away with realistic plans for improving your workforce woes in any department.
This full-day summit is packed with fresh content allowing Leadership, HR Professionals & more to dive into:
- Employment Market Update & Projections: As the economy improves, the battle for talent becomes even more fierce because everyone is hiring. We'll take a look at what's happening with the job market today and where it's headed to grasp a better understanding of our current and projected staffing situations.
- Embracing & Maximizing Today's Shorter-Term Workforce: Since we know long-term employment is not the plan for most new hires, we'll discuss ways to adjust our staffing and leadership approaches to maximize the time we have with each person, in order to ensure we can continue providing great quality care with a shorter-term workforce than we've had in the past.
- Why Employees Really Leave: Instead of making assumptions about low pay and scheduling issues causing all the unnecessary turnover, it's time to figure out exactly why staff leave. We'll discuss what really matters to today's new workforce in order to identify things we can control that will improve retention.
- Strategies for Becoming a M.A.G.N.E.T. Employer to Keep People Longer: We'll dive into 6 specific areas that should be focused on to make an impact on retention: management effectiveness; attraction and recruiting; guidance upon entry (on boarding); new staffing models (scheduling and advancement); empowered champions who own retention efforts; and building trust through transparency.
• • • • • • • • • • • •
ABOUT LEAH BROWN
Leah Brown is a Talent Retention Strategist for Crescendo Strategies, a Louisville, Kentucky-based firm committed to reducing unnecessary employee turnover for clients across multiple industries. Leah has 25 years of experience teaching, training, and facilitating improved leadership performance through organizations such as Dale Carnegie, the Department of Defense Education Activity, and the International Center for Corporate Learning at Sullivan University. Leah was recognized for her professional impact when Louisville’s Business First Magazine included her in their “20 People to Know in Education/Workforce Development” list.
ABOUT CRESCENDO STRATEGIES
Crescendo Strategies consults with companies of all sizes to reduce unnecessary employee turnover. From manufacturing to health care and professional services to non-profits, Crescendo works to change leaders' perspectives to ensure they are successful as workforce trends and demographics change. Crescendo's team of experts has spoken for leading companies like Humana, Cintas, Berkshire Hathaway, and the American Health Care Association and its founder, Cara Silletto, has been named a "Top 10 Company Culture Expert to Watch" by Recruiter.com.
• • • • • • • • • • • •
Bring your team! 10% discount for groups of 3+ from the same campus!
- $149: LeadingAge Texas Members
- $199: Non-Members
AFTER SEPTEMBER 7
- $170: LeadingAge Texas Members
- $220: Non-Members
- $220: LeadingAge Texas Members
- $270: Non-Members
Enhance your workshop
Order Crescendo Strategies’ new book, Staying Power: Staying Power: Why Your Employees Leave and How to Keep Them Longer, thru August 3 at discounted rate of $15 each ($20 cover price). All books purchased through this link will be available to you when you check in at the Workforce Summit on September 27. Can’t wait? Order the Kindle version today!
• • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Hours & credit types offered are subject to change based on approval.
LeadingAge Texas will updated this section accordingly.
- Administrators & Assisted Living Managers:
This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 6 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS—Approval #20190926-6-A47496-IN
- Human Resources:
This activity, ID No. 362084, has been approved for 6 recertification credit hours: HR (General) toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute's® (HRCI®).
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
LeadingAge Texas will seek approval for 6 participant/contact hours of continuing education from the following:
- National Certification Council for Activity Professionals
- Other Professionals Disciplines: While LeadingAge Texas cannot obtain prior approval to all credentialing bodies and professional organizations, other professionals are encouraged to submit detailed information on this event along with a copy of your Certificate of Successful Completion to your professional organization for consideration of continuing education credit.
• • • • • • • • • • •
LeadingAge Texas has secured a room block at a discounted rate of $119 at the Courtyard Dallas Mesquite hotel, 2.3 miles from Christian Care Senior Living Community.
- Book by Tuesday, September 11 to secure the discounted rate!
- Rate is good for the nights of September 26 & 27
- Breakfast is included in the room rate
- For GPS or mapping systems, use 4040 Towne Crossing Boulevard, Mesquite TX 75150 as the address of the hotel
LeadingAge Texas thanks our event host, Christian Care Senior Living Community & our event sponsor:
Contact Dorothy Ferrick, Events & Registration Manager
Cancellation & Substitution Allowance
- Substitutions may be made at any time for persons unable to attend. Substitution requests must be submitted via email to Dorothy Ferrick, Events & Registration Manager at LeadingAge Texas, no later than 48 hours prior to the conference.
- Cancellations received on or before August 31, 2018 will be refunded the full price of registration less a $50 fee. Cancellations received after August 31 will be refunded 50% of the registration price. No refunds will be provided for cancellations after September 14, 2018. A $25 fee will be charged for all returned checks.