Apr 19 - 25, 2020
SOCIAL MEDIA TOOLKIT
While job fairs and site visits are not an option during the pandemic, we still have a great opportunity to highlight the aging services field and the incredible, heroic individuals who work in it.
We encourage you to schedule posts throughout the week to build awareness about current job openings at member organizations -- and send displaced workers from retail, hospitality, and restaurants in your community to the LeadingAge Job Board. Include #CareersInAging in all posts.
- Monday: Join us in celebrating #CareersInAging Week! We encourage you to comment on this post with an anecdote of how an aging services staff member touched your life.
- Tuesday: DID YOU KNOW? The aging services field offers a wide range of job opportunities, including culinary, dining, retail hospitality, maintenance, transportation, IT services/support, and more! Explore job opportunities today: https://careers.leadingage.org/ #CareersInAging
- Wednesday: Join a team of heroes! Aging services providers are full of inspiring, incredible colleagues. Explore job opportunities today: https://careers.leadingage.org/ #CareersInAging
- Thursday: Do you work well with people and want to make a difference? Explore job opportunities today: https://careers.leadingage.org/ #CareersInAging
- Friday: Are you looking for part-time or temporary work? Explore job openings in the aging services field today! https://careers.leadingage.org/ #CareersInAging
You are welcome to add these social media images to your posts as well.
Heroes Work Here! Photo Campaign
Share photos of your staff or teams with a caption of inspiring ways they have served older adults during the pandemic. Include #CareersInAging in the post.
Use these materials to get the next generation of caregivers excited about the profession.
What do you Want in a Career' - A 90 second video presentation for students.
This video created by Amanda Cavaleri at Connecttheages.com supports her mission to connect 5 million students and young professionals to multidisciplinary career, internship and volunteer opportunities with older generations by 2025.
- 'CNA Recruitment' - A video presentation for students.
This LeadingAge video highlights the CNA career path and features testimonials from staff.
- Doing Well by Doing Good' - A presentation for high school students.
This ready-to-use PowerPoint can be used for short presentations to high school students to get them excited about the profession. The PowerPoint includes an embedded video – found above – along with suggested notes for the speaker.
- 'Making a Career out of Making a Difference' - A presentation for high school and college students. The video highlights different career paths within our communities, reasons to work in the not-for-profit sector, and how to make a difference in services for older adults.