CALL FOR PROPOSALS
2020 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
May 17-20, 2020 | Frisco, TX
SUBMISSIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED
- September 10 - Deadline for Proposal Submissions
- Mid-November - LeadingAge Texas will contact all who submitted proposals with notifications of acceptance or regrets
LeadingAge Texas requests presentations that enable participants to share with and learn from one another. Presentations should incorporate engaging educational methods, provide take-home resources where practical, and demonstrate measurable outcomes. Submissions will be reviewed to develop a high-quality, well-balanced, and interactive education program.
- Standard Breakout Session length is 1.5 hours.
- Sunday Power Sessions are 2 hours in length.
- Tuesday Morning Networking Sessions are 1 hour.
LeadingAge Texas is seeking presentations that:
- Are timely, relevant, practical, and actionable.
- Incorporate engaging educational methods.
- Are interactive!
- Provide concrete take-aways & resources and/or demonstrate measurable outcomes.
- Note: presentations including an ethics component that allows for ethics continuing education credit are particularly encouraged
LeadingAge Texas is seeking speakers who:
- Are qualified in the subject matter.
- Experienced professionals; experts in their field.
- Engage the audience; encourage active participation examples: show-of-hands voting; discuss with neighbor or in small groups; use case studies). Each presentation should provide three to four opportunities for attendees to think, to write and/or to share.
- Understand that attendees are seeking to understand what your research and data mean to them and how it is applicable to their organization.
- Help attendees uncover what the content means.
- Create opportunities to discuss how to apply the content (example: “What one idea shared today are you going to try?”).
- Connect to the attendees' emotions.
- See the attendees as co-creators along with you not simply as a consumer of your information.
- Focus on what is in the best interest of the attendees for your session.
Information You'll Need to Complete the CFP
The form will require you to provide the following information:
- Session title
- Purpose statement (1 sentence)
- Session summary ( >100 words, suitable for inclusion in publicity materials)
- 3 learning objectives & accompanying content/topics
- Presenter(s) contact & biographical information
Contact Amanda Wiedenfeld at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 467-2242 ext. 106.