CLINICAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED
LeadingAge Texas has been awarded CMP funds to provide 50 recipients with the 2019 Clinical Excellence Scholarship - a scholarship that seeks to improve nursing home quality by investing in Texas’ aging services direct-care workforce by providing staff in nursing facility organizations (Administrators, AITs, RNs, LVNs, CNAs, etc.) with access to innovative education and training.
Open to employees of licensed nursing facilities in Texas, and with a target focus on first-time attendees, the scholarship encourages participation in education and training opportunities many have not experienced due to financial constraints. By eliminating the barrier of the cost of registration, this scholarship enables Texas nursing facility organizations to send dedicated, promising members of their staff to the LeadingAge Texas 60th Annual Conference featuring opportunities for innovative education that will, in turn, improve the quality of care residents receive in their communities.
Who can apply?
While this application is open to employees of all Texas nursing facilities, the scholarship will place a target focus on first-time attendees – a benefit to the recipient him/herself and to the employer seeking to invest in the longevity of their workforce.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Must be an employee of a Licensed Nursing Facility in Texas in one of the following positions: Administrator, Administrator in Training, CNA, LVN, RN, or another direct-care position.
- Must provide the name/contact information of your supervisor who acknowledges your application & approves your availability to attend the conference & will attest that you will complete the required post-conference surveys.
- NOTE: Not a requirement, but preference will be granted to those who have not attended the Annual Conference within the last five years.
What exactly does the scholarship cover?
The 2019 Clinical Excellence Scholarship covers the cost of registration for the Annual Conference & Solutions EXPO. Scholarship recipients are responsible for all other related expenses (hotel accommodations, travel expenses, etc.).
What is expected of me if I am selected as a scholarship recipient?
- Upon acceptance, follow the instructions that will be provided by LeadingAge Texas staff to register accordingly for the conference & to select the following "Clinical Excellence" sessions (outlined in the application below).
- Attend (and sign in/out on-site) each of the above-mentioned sessions.
- Complete the three post-conference bench-marking surveys (details outlined in application below).