Eating & Nutritional Issues in Dementia Care
Tuesday, March 17 • 2:15 - 3:15 pm CT
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
This session will provide caregivers with in-depth information about possible factors that affect intake for individuals with dementia. It will also help them identify concerns and intervene to promote safe and effective eating behaviors and programs throughout the progression of the disease. The program will cover a variety of strategies and techniques to help caregivers effectively notice and address concerns and progress, provide the ‘just right’ amount and type of assistance, create environments and set-ups that help with meals, and maximizes the dining experience for people with dementia throughout their life.
- Discuss aspects of dementia that affect nutrition and oral intake
- Match common issues at each level of dementia to interventions that address nutritional or oral intake concerns at that point
- Determine whether nutrition and eating support is being optimized at each level based on the person’s abilities, needs, and disease status
- Memory Care staff
- Dietary Staff
- Nursing Staff
- Staff Educators
- Activities and Social Workers
- Skilled nursing, assisted living and home and community based providers
MEET THE PRESENTER
Teepa Snow, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA, President, Positive Approach, LLC, Efland, NC
Today’s Voice for Dementia, Teepa Snow is one of the world’s leading advocates and educators for anyone living with dementia.
Teepa Snow is an occupational therapist with 40 years of rich and varied clinical and academic experience.
She graduated from Duke University and has an MS degree from the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. Teepa has more than 35 years of clinical experience in the field of geriatrics and dementia care, as well as having provided care to family members with dementing illnesses. She presents with extraordinary expertise and humor to audiences large and small throughout the world. Her company, Positive Approach® to Care (PAC) provides on-line and in-person services, training, and products to professionals, family members, the lay public, and people living with brain changes internationally. Her GEMS® State Model for understanding progression and change in ability, combined with her PAC™ Skills, form practical and effective strategies and techniques for individuals and agencies seeking to optimize care and support for those living with dementia and their care partners.
Upon reaching enough registrations, LeadingAge Texas will apply to have this program approved for Continuing Education for Administrators & Assisted Living Mangers and Social Workers.
- LeadingAge Texas Members: $70 per webinar link, per webinar
- Non-Members: $105 per webinar link, per webinar
- An additional $10 per person will be billed post-webinar for additional attendees seeking credit.
- You may view these webinars with your team, without sharing the webinar link, on one device.
- Paid registrations are limited to one connection per webinar link . Links to join the webinar are unique and tied to the registrant name. While others can view the webinar on the same devise with you, the link should not be forwarded. Because the fee is set per line/connection, please only register one person/main registrant. 1 - 2 days prior to the webinar, you will receive an attendance report which will be used for any additional attendees viewing with you to receive continuing education credit. Please note the webinar link cannot be shared with others. Multiple connections will either be billed or removed from the webinar.
- No-shows will be billed. No refunds for failure to log-in at the time of the event.
- Registrations are fully transferable. Transfers must be submitted via email to Dorothy Ferrick no later than 48 hours prior to the Webinar.
- A full refund will be given to all cancellations received 10 or more business days prior to the program.
- A $10 administrative fee will be charged to all cancellations received six to nine business days prior to the program.
- No refunds will be given to cancellations received five or fewer business days prior to the program.
- LeadingAge Texas reserves the right to cancel the program due to insufficient enrollment in which case pre-registered participants will be notified and full refunds provided.
*All transfer/substitution & cancellation requests must be emailed to Dorothy Ferrick, Events & Member Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This webinar is offered in partnership with