MDS Updates: October 2019 RAI Manual Updates
September 23 • 2 pm - 3:30 pm CT
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
The PPS MDS 3.0 has been significantly revised to classify Medicare residents into the new Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) effective October 1, 2019. This webinar will introduce the new MDS items and identify existing items that have been added to the PPS item set and the new interim payment assessment. Our MDS expert will clarify new and revised coding instructions per the new RAI User’s Manual.
- Directors of Nursing
- Resident Care Managers
- MDS Coordinators
- Quality Improvement Staff
- other staff responsible for completing the MDS 3.0.
- Recognize the new PDPM Assessment Schedule.
- Examine the process and impact for late PPS assessments.
- Summarize RAI guidance for the PPS interrupted stay.
- Describe the coding instruction and significance of revisions to sections A, C, D, GG, I, and J.
- Identify the new MDS item Section J Patient Surgical History.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Judy Wilhide Brandt, RN, BA, CPC, QCP, RAC-MT, DNS-CT, Principal, Wilhide Consulting, Inc., Virginia Beach, VA
Judy Wilhide Brandt has more than 25 years in positions of increasing responsibility in nursing facilities as a nurse manager, executive, state surveyor, RAI manager for Virginia, and consultant. She is a master teacher for AANAC and a national expert on matters relating to the MDS and the prospective payment system. She is a certified professional coder in a unique position to explain ICD-10 coding for a skilled nursing facility under PDPM. She is the LeadingAge MDS Expert and principal of Wilhide Consulting based in Virginia Beach, VA, serving clients nationwide.
Administrators & Assisted Living Managers:
This session is intended to meet the criteria established by the by NAB/NCERS for 1.5 contact hours. Upon reaching a viable number of registrations, LeadingAge Texas will apply for NAB approval for this webinar.
While LeadingAge Texas cannot obtain prior approval to all credentialing bodies and professional organizations, other professionals are encouraged to submit detailed information on this event along with a copy of your Certificate of Successful Completion to your professional organization for consideration of continuing education credit if they accept self-reporting.
Registration fee includes electronic handout, one connection to the live webinar, and instructions for receiving CE/attendance certificate. A recording of this webinar is not included in the registration fee.
FEES (per line/connection)
LeadingAge Texas Member: $50
An additional $10 per person will be billed post-webinar for additional attendees seeking credit.
You may view these webinars with your team, without sharing the webinar link, on one device.
NOTE: the one line/connection cannot be used across multiple communities/locations and can not be shared with others.
Because the fee is set per line/connection, please only register one person/main registrant* if you are viewing together. 1 - 2 days prior to the webinar, you will receive an attendance report which will be used for any additional attendees viewing with you to receive continuing education credit. Please note the webinar link can not be shared with others.
*As the main registrant, you agree to moderate attendance of the webinar for any additional attendees via your line/connection. The details for access/connection & any available handouts will be sent to the main registrant via email 1-2 days prior to the webinar.
ATTENDANCE & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Paid registrations are limited to one connection per webinar link.
- Links to join the webinar are unique and tied to the registrant name. While others can view the webinar on the same device with you, the link may not be forwarded.
- Multiple connections will either be billed or removed from the webinar.
- Because the fee is set per line/connection, please only register one person/main registrant if you have other persons viewing with you.
- 1 - 2 days prior to the webinar, you will receive an attendance report which will be used for any additional attendees viewing with you to receive continuing education credit.
- An additional $10 per person will be billed post-webinar for additional attendees seeking credit.
- No-shows will be billed. No refunds for failure to log-in at the time of the event.
- Registrations are fully transferable. Transfers must be submitted via email to Dorothy Ferrick no later than 48 hours prior to the Webinar.
- A full refund will be given to all cancellations received 10 or more business days prior to the program.
- A $10 administrative fee will be charged to all cancellations received six to nine business days prior to the program.
- No refunds will be given to cancellations received five or fewer business days prior to the program.
- LeadingAge Texas reserves the right to cancel the program due to insufficient enrollment in which case pre-registered participants will be notified and full refunds provided.
*All transfer/substitution & cancellation requests must be emailed to Dorothy Ferrick, Events & Registration Manager at email@example.com.