Introduction to PDPM: 2-Part Webinar Series
Thursday, January 10 & 24, 2019 • 1 - 2:30 pm
Join us for this two-part webinar series designated to prepare the SNF interdisciplinary team for PDPM!
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
PART 1: Introduction to PDPM | January 10, 2019
The first part of the webinar series provides a clinical introduction to PDPM, covering the MDS and ICD-10 items that make up a PDPM daily rate, the interrupted stay policy, the interim payment assessment and the variable per diem adjustment schedule. In subsequent webinars we will take a deeper dive into detailed ICD-10 coding instructions for each component of the PDPM rate.
- Review the six components of the Patient Driven Payment System
- Describe the variable per diem adjustment schedule
- Review the PPS MDS schedule
- Explain Use of the Interim Payment Assessment
- Define how a function score is calculated
- Review the ‘interrupted stay policy’
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
PART 2: Introduction to ICD-10 Coding | January 24, 2019
The second part of the webinar series provides an introduction to ICD-10 coding which will prepare the learner for subsequent webinars that focus on specific ICD-10 coding for PDPM components.
- Clarify the importance of the ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting FY2019.
- Summarize general rules for use of coding conventions in Section I.A. of the general coding guidelines.
- Correctly use the General Coding Guidelines in Section I.B. of the general coding guidelines to assign a code based on physician/non-physician practitioner diagnosis.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
- SNF interdisciplinary team members involved in managing a Medicare A census
- Corporate consultants and business office team members who’d like to understand the new payment system
- MDS coordinators
- therapy personnel
- facility ICD-10 coders
- + all involved in assignment of ICD-10 codes in the SNF
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
MEET THE PRESENTER
Judy Wilhide Brandt, RN, BA, CPC, QCP, RAC-MT, DNS-CT
Principal, Wilhide Consulting, Inc.
Virginia Beach, VA
Judy Wilhide Brandt has more than 25 years in positions of increasing responsibility in nursing facilities as a nurse manager, executive, state surveyor, RAI manager for Virginia, and consultant. She is a master teacher for AANAC and a national expert on matters relating to the MDS and the prospective payment system. She is a certified professional coder in a unique position to explain ICD-10 coding for a skilled nursing facility under PDPM. She is the LeadingAge MDS Expert and principal of Wilhide Consulting based in Virginia Beach, VA, serving clients nationwide.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Administrators & Assisted Living Managers:
• Part 1: Introduction to PDPM: This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 1.5 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS—Approval #20200109-1.50-A50636-DL.
• Part 2: Introduction to ICD-10 Coding: This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 1.5 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS—Approval #20200123-1.50-A51169-DL.
• • • • • • •
- LeadingAge Texas Members: $95 for both webinars
- Non-Members: $125 for both webinars
- Access to BOTH webinars. Individual registration per webinar is unavailable.
- Electronic Handout
- Instructions for receiving CE/attendance certificate
Payment DOES NOT INCLUDE a recording of the webinar.
- An additional $10 per person will be billed post-webinar for additional attendees seeking credit.
- You may view these webinars with your team, without sharing the webinar link, on one device.
ATTENDANCE & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Paid registrations are limited to one connection per webinar link . Links to join the webinar are unique and tied to the registrant name. While others can view the webinar on the same devise with you, the link can not be shared with others.
- Multiple connections to one webinar link will either be billed or removed from the webinar.
- 1 - 2 days prior to the webinar, you will receive an attendance report which will be used for any additional attendees viewing with you to receive continuing education credit.
- No-shows will be billed. No refunds for failure to log-in at the time of the event.
- Registrations are fully transferable. Transfers must be submitted via email to Dorothy Ferrick no later than 48 hours prior to the Webinar.
- A full refund will be given to all cancellations received 10 or more business days prior to the program.
- A $25 administrative fee will be charged to all cancellations received six to nine business days prior to the program.
- No refunds will be given to cancellations received five or fewer business days prior to the program.
- LeadingAge Texas reserves the right to cancel the program due to insufficient enrollment in which case pre-registered participants will be notified and full refunds provided.
*All transfer/substitution & cancellation requests must be emailed to Dorothy Ferrick, Events & Registration Manager at email@example.com