- Moving Mountains Webinar Series - Session 13 -
Phase 3: Trauma Informed and Culturally Competent Care
Wednesday, September 4 • 1 - 2:30 pm CT
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
This session will assist SNF providers in understanding the new requirements related to trauma informed & culturally competent care. A review of regulatory requirements regarding trauma informed and culturally competent care with an analysis of the interpretive guidance related to this requirement will be emphasized.
- Identify the regulatory requirements related Culturally Competent & Trauma informed care
- Understand essential components of providing culturally competent & trauma informed care
- Establish priority actions for preparing for Phase 3 requirements related to culturally competent & trauma informed care
- Regulatory requirements related to Culturally Competent & Trauma Informed Care
- Essential components of providing culturally competent & trauma informed care
- Priority actions for preparing for Phase 3 requirements related to culturally competent & trauma informed care
- Closing Comments/ Q&A
- Assistant Director of Nursing
- Director of Nursing
- Nurse Managers
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Nursing Staff and Leaders
- Quality Assurance Director
- Social Services
- Staff Development
MEET THE PRESENTERS
Shelly Maffia, MSN, MBA, RN, LNHA, QCP
Director of Regulatory Services
Proactive Medical Review, LLC
Director of Regulatory Services for Proactive Medical Review & Consulting, with over 15 years of leadership and consulting experience, Shelly has held positions as DON, NHA, Corporate Nurse Consultant, and Training Positions. Currently Shelly provides consultation on regulatory compliance to nursing facilities in multiple states. Her expertise includes developing clinical training tools, policies, procedures, protocols and training programs on systems, processes and best practices. Shelly is a QAPI Certified Professional (QCP) through the American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordinator.
Eleisha Wilkes RN, RAC-CT
Proactive Medical Review, LLC
Eleisha Wilkes is a Registered Nurse with over fifteen years of experience in long-term care. She has served as a Director of Nursing, Case Manager and Resident Assessment Coordinator with extensive responsibility and success in driving QA in the areas of person-centered assessment and care planning through effective systems, staff development, and interdisciplinary team collaboration. She now serves as an RN Clinical Consultant with Proactive Medical Review & Consulting.
Administrators & Assisted Living Managers: has been approved for continuing education for 1.25 total clock hours and 16.25 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS.
- LeadingAge Texas Members: $75 per webinar link, per webinar
- Non-Members: $125 per webinar link, per webinar
- An additional $10 per person will be billed post-webinar for additional attendees seeking credit.
- You may view these webinars with your team, without sharing the webinar link, on one device.
- Paid registrations are limited to one connection per webinar link . Links to join the webinar are unique and tied to the registrant name. While others can view the webinar on the same devise with you, the link should not be forwarded. Because the fee is set per line/connection, please only register one person/main registrant. 1 - 2 days prior to the webinar, you will receive an attendance report which will be used for any additional attendees viewing with you to receive continuing education credit. Please note the webinar link cannot be shared with others. Multiple connections will either be billed or removed from the webinar.
- No-shows will be billed. No refunds for failure to log-in at the time of the event.
- Registrations are fully transferable. Transfers must be submitted via email to Dorothy Ferrick no later than 48 hours prior to the Webinar.
- A full refund will be given to all cancellations received 10 or more business days prior to the program.
- A $10 administrative fee will be charged to all cancellations received six to nine business days prior to the program.
- No refunds will be given to cancellations received five or fewer business days prior to the program.
- LeadingAge Texas reserves the right to cancel the program due to insufficient enrollment in which case pre-registered participants will be notified and full refunds provided.
*All transfer/substitution & cancellation requests must be emailed to Dorothy Ferrick, Events & Registration Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This series is offered in partnership with