Use Discount Code ESS17LATX at checkout for 10% off
Be MDS Confident
New resident assessment coordinators with fewer than six months experience and staff interested in the MDS process can take advantage of a new education program, MDS Essentials: An Introduction to the MDS 3.0—a 10-Session Virtual Workshop Series. The workshop moves through the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) User’s Manual, helping staff understand the intent, rationale, and coding requirements of each MDS item set, Care Area Assessments, care plans, and scheduling. The program will help the MDS coordinator perform his or her job duties skillfully and with confidence.
In Session 6, delving into the essentials of the MDS continues as we explore the intent and rationale of each item in four Sections (L, M, N, and P). This session will help you:
- Understand the intent, rationale, steps for assessment and basic coding instructions for each item
- Review key definitions that are critical to understanding coding requirements
NOTE: the MDS Essentials: An Introduction to the MDS 3.0—a 10-Session Virtual Workshop Series is hosted by AANAC
Each session offers 1.25 hour of continuing education credit for nurses.
- REGISTER TODAY - Use Discount Code ESS17LATX for 10% off each webinar
- AANAC Members: $45
- Non-Members: $75
RECORDED SESSIONS: LEARN ON YOUR OWN TIME
You also have the option to purchase previously-recorded sessions to view at a time that's convenient for your schedule!
NOTE: Links to recorded sessions will be active below as the recordings become available. To purchase, use the same payment method described above.
- Session 1 - An Introduction to RAI Process, OBRA • March 31
- Session 2 - Coding Sections A, B, C, H, and I • April 7
- Session 3 - Coding Sections D, E, F, and Q • April 14 (Coming Soon)
- Session 4 - Coding Sections G and J • April 21
- Session 5 - Coding Sections GG and K • April 28
- Session 6 - Coding Sections L, M, N, and P • May 12
- Session 7 - Coding Sections O, V, X, and Z • May 19
- Session 8 - Introduction to CAA Documentation and Care Plans • May 26
- Session 9 - Introduction to OBRA Scheduling • June 2
- Session 10 - Introduction to PPS Scheduling • June 9